Strategic Questions for 2K10 (Part 1 of 2) appeared on Tuesday.
I'll be returning to regularly scheduled blogging tomorrow.
STRATEGIC QUESTIONS (#5 to #8)
5) Who will dominate the specialty channel? Specialty pharmaceuticals reach patients in two primary ways--via a wholesale distribution-to-provider channel and via a central-fill specialty pharmacy channel. I see specialty pharmacy channel growing faster than the provider channel given the bundling of specialty services with pharmacy benefit management and the reduced provider profitability for injection/infusion therapies under traditional buy-and-bill systems. But it will be an interesting turf battle.
- Specialty Spending Soars (for now)
- The Walgreens-McKesson Specialty Handoff
- Provider Pain in the Healthcare Supply Chain
- The Evolving Retail Pharmacy Channel: Implications for Manufacturers
- Medco Takes on Eli Lilly
- How Generics Change the Market
- Drug Wholesalers and the Generic Price War
- A Peek at Drug Wholesalers' Economics
- Profit Headwinds for Cardinal Health
- Why the UPS-Merck Deal Won’t Hurt Wholesalers
Any other suggestions for topics that I missed?