Here is my periodically updated selections. Unfortunately, some of my best posts were very timely and/or humorous analyses of news events, which means those posts now sound quite dated and sort of lame.
I am listing the best posts for answering the top questions that people ask me. As far as I know, these posts are still valid although some of the information may have been superseded by new developments.
I wrote the U.S. Pharmacy Industry: Economic Report and Outlook to provide an integrated analysis of these (and other) questions. You should check it out for more details.
Who are the biggest pharmacies?
How much money do pharmacies make?
- Pharmacy Profits and Wal-Mart
- Two Great New Resources on Pharmacy Economics
- Drug Channel Profits in 2009's Fortune 500 list
- Pharmacy Profits & Part D
- Wal-Mart Explains Its Healthcare Strategy
- The Impact of Walmart's National Mail Pharmacy
- Wal-Mart Aims at PBM Mail Profits
- New details on WMT-CAT Pharmacy Deal
- Wal-Mart's PBM Game Plan
What is the controversy about CVS Caremark's Maintenance Choice program?
- The Odd Economics of Maintenance Choice
- A Glimmer of Synergy at CVS Caremark
- Debate Over CVS Caremark's Tactics Heats Up