I am also announcing the availability of two sponsorship opportunities for companies interested in connecting with the Drug Channels community. The number of sponsors will be limited to two companies at any one time and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. I include some high-level details below, but drop me a line to discuss the opportunity.
Regular readers shouldn’t fret—I won’t compromise the content for sponsorship.
Who Reads Drug Channels?
Based on domain names from our web traffic logs, the blog is widely read by people at companies throughout the healthcare industry, including:
- Pharmaceutical manufacturers (especially in supply chain, trade relations, and commercial operations functions)
- Pharmacy benefit managers
- Pharmaceutical wholesalers
- Pharmacies (all types)
- Health care providers
- Government agencies
- Large employers
- Law firms
- Institutional Investors
Don’t worry—I can’t see the names of any individual readers, just the organization name assigned to your computer network.
How many people read Drug Channels?
Here is a chart of monthly page loads (views) and unique visitors of Drug Channels since I first started collecting data (March 2007). Click the chart to enlarge it.
As you can see, traffic has grown tenfold over the past few years. During the past two months, Drug Channels have averaged more than 22,000 page views and almost 14,000 unique visits. Although I generally post only 2 or 3 times per week, Drug Channels traffic is comparable to some leading trade publications.
Note that the big dips in the chart correspond to my July and August blogcations, although page view remained above 10,000 because traffic continued to come to the blog from search engines.
I am now making real-time traffic statistics for Drug Channels available. You can view these stats anytime by clicking on the Statcounter logo at the bottom of the right hand sidebar. These summary stats do NOT include domain names.
I am offering a maximum of two sponsorship slots. Sponsorship offers a unique opportunity to reach an engaged audience of professionals from around the industry.
Here’s my current idea, although I’m open to any other suggestions. Drug Channels sponsors will get:
- Premier placement of a banner ad at the top of a Drug Channels sidebar, i.e., above the fold. This ad can link anywhere—your company’s main home page, a special campaign, whatever. The ad will appear with every post and will not be blockable by a browser add-in.
- A “Sponsor Welcome” blog post
- The ability to request a specific blog topic
- Permission to reproduce blog posts (with full citation and URL) during the sponsorship period
Email me to discuss this opportunity or if you have any questions.