May 1, 2017 | The Newseum | Washington, DC
In this era of high drug prices and expensive specialty medicines, the role of pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs) has never been more important. PBMs provide employers, unions, public programs, physicians, and consumers with cost savings strategies and clinical services that are essential to the affordability and efficacy of prescription drugs.
Typically, PBMs reduce drug costs by 30 percent for more than 266 million Americans enrolled in private and public plans, most notably Medicare Part D.
PCMA's annual PBM Policy Forum brings together the private and public sector to deliver important insights into the prescription drug marketplace and to highlight the role of PBMs in managing prescription drug costs and improving health outcomes.
- Amy Bricker, Vice President, Supply Chain Strategy, Express Scripts
- Alex Brill, Research Fellow, American Enterprise Institute
- William Fleming, Segment President, Healthcare Services, Humana Inc.
- Doug Holtz-Eakin, President, American Action Forum
- Andrea Marks, Chief Analytics Officer, OptumRx
- Mark Merritt, President & Chief Executive Officer, PCMA
- Surya Singh, Executive Vice President & Chief Medical Officer, CVS/Specialty, CVS Heath
- Moderator: Susan Dentzer, President & Chief Executive Officer, Network for Excellence in Health Innovation
The PCMA PBM Policy Forum is designed for policy makers and staff from Capitol Hill and the Administration, as well as healthcare and drug industry advocates from think tanks, patient advocacy groups, industry trade associations, and the media.
The content of Sponsored Posts does not necessarily reflect the views of Pembroke Consulting, Inc., Drug Channels, or any of its employees.