The agenda includes a mix of payers and specialty pharmacies, so I expect lively conversations and lots of learning. There will be speakers from Acorda Therapeutics, Artemetrx Excellus Health Plan, Dean Health Plan, Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy, Kaiser Permanente, Medical Health Plans of America, PriorityHealth, RegenceRx, Travelers Insurance, and WellPoint.
Read more in the official description below or view the website http://www.cbinet.com/conference/fc13120.
OFFICIAL DESCRIPTION FROM CBI
Specialty pharmaceutical programs are specifically designed for patients facing complex, chronic illnesses and are being utilized more than ever.
The 10th Annual Specialty Pharmaceuticals, Oral Therapies and Injectables - A Forum for Payers conference on January 30-31, 2013 in Las Vegas, NV brings together healthcare and pharmaceutical thought leaders to share best practices for managing specialty therapies.
This event provides in-depth analysis that will help attendees:
- Navigate the ACO environment and its implications for new approaches to incentives and reimbursement
- Enhance formulary management strategies to overcome overcrowding of drug classes
- Overcome expensive site of care cost due to the 340B regulation
- Develop a treatment pathway for prescribers to use cost effective medication
- Determine appropriate cost share that improves patient adherence based on co-pay costs
- Maximize employer relationships to ensure appropriate utilization of medication
You will benefit from this event if you are from a healthcare insurance company, managed care plan, HMO or employer with responsibilities or involvement in specialty pharmacy services or networks.
This conference would also be of interest to group purchasing organizations, consultants, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, infusion centers and home health infusion providers.