Below are my selections to help you quickly find data and analysis of key industry issues. Since you may not want to spend the rest of your day reading my musings, you’ll be able to find this post again at the “Best Of” tab in the menu bar.
I grouped the posts into the following categories:
- Industry Data and Forecasts
- Pharmacy Economics and Prescription Profits
- Specialty Drugs
- Analysis of Key Market Participants
- Health Care Reform and Policy
- Fun Stuff
Thanks for tuning in to Drug Channels. I also accept all LinkedIn requests if you’d like to e-connect.
INDUSTRY DATA AND FORECASTS
How big is the market today? How big will it be tomorrow? These posts take a critical look at industry forecasts and data.
- Who Paid for Prescription Drugs in 2009?
- Chains in 2010: Winning
- Surprise! Independents Not Vanishing
- Drug Channel Profits in the 2011 Fortune 500
- 2010 Market Share of Top Retail and Specialty Pharmacies
- Insights from the new Express Scripts Drug Trend Report
The profits associated with prescription drugs is an amazingly popular topic, in part because the economics of the pharmaceutical supply chain are so opaque and hard to understand. These posts pull back the curtain and show you the data.
- Owning a Pharmacy: Still Pretty Profitable
- Pharmacy Reimbursement Drops Again…or Does It?
- Pharmacies Raise Prices Faster Than Manufacturers: GAO Report
- Drugstore Margins Jump in New Gov’t Data
- Profits from Generic Injectables: Too High or Just Right?
- Wholesaler Profits: Brand vs. Generic Drugs
- Why do pharmacy owners care about PBM transparency?
Specialty drugs are the fastest growing part of the industry. These posts will help you understand this market.
- The Future of Buy-and-Bill According to Payers and Oncology Practices
- Get Your Specialty Strategy Ready for the End of Buy-and-Bill
- More New Data on Specialty Drug Coverage and Strategy
- Cancer Care and the Future of PBMs
- Who Pays For Specialty Drugs? (And Why It Matters)
- Big Growth in Four-Tier Drug Benefits
- UnitedHealthcare: Cost-Plus for Cancer Drugs
Who’s doing what and why are they doing it? Read these posts to find out.
- Walgreens Joins the Attack on PBM Mail Profits
- Walgreen Talks PBM Conflicts, 90-Day Rx Profits, and AMP
- Walmart's Pitch for Smaller Pharmacy Networks
- Walmart-Humana: An Inevitable Surprise for Pharmacies and PBMs
- Rite-Aid Postpones Judgment Day (Again)
- 2011 Part D Market Share: A Win for Humana and Walmart
- When will CVS and Caremark split up?
- Interpreting Caremark’s Big Win over Medco
- Express Scripts' Disruptive Specialty Strategy
- Is Caremark really better at managing drug trend?
- CVS CEO: Papa Don’t Preach, I’m Keeping My PBM
- SOLD! Thoughts on the Catalyst-Walgreen Deal
- Drug Wholesaler Outlook: Revenues Down, Profits Up
- What’s Next for AmerisourceBergen
- Cardinal Gets to China First
- McKesson Snags US Oncology
- Double Trouble for Cardinal Health
The Government's role in healthcare keeps growing. Find out what it means for the channel.
- What’s Happening with AMP and Pharmacy Profits!!
- New Study Finds Small AMP Impact, But Trouble in Six States
- HHS Wants States to Control Medicaid Pharmacy Spending
- Is Track-and-Trace a priority for the FDA?
- Healthcare Reform and Drug Prices
- The Crazy Battle to Outlaw Mail Pharmacies
- Will Exchanges Crowd Out Employer Coverage?
The lighter side of Drug Channels…
- BREAKING NEWS: Amazon.com to Acquire Rite Aid
- Pharma Sales Reps: The Sitcom!
- Walgreens Rx for Growth: Beer!
- CVS Gets Ahead of Walgreens...with Chia Obama!
Generic drugs are the reliable resources to deal with various health-related troubles. The medications serve reasonable at online pharmacy because of their finest quality and cheap rates. Online buying of these pills is very safe and secured.ReplyDelete
Very well saidReplyDelete
Regards - http://www.genericpharmacyrx.net/