I will be delivering the keynote address on The Future of the Pharmacy Industry. My talk will outline the dramatic changes impacting the pharmacy industry and discuss how payers should prepare for dramatic shifts in the current business model. Check out the complete event details below.
BTW, I featured the most recent PBMI's most recent 2010-11 Prescription Drug Benefit Cost and Plan Design Survey in October's Pharmacy Reimbursement Drops Again…or Does It?
Hope to see you there!
OFFICIAL DESCRIPTION FROM PBMI
Join some of the industry’s most influential decision makers at PBMI's 16th Annual Drug Benefit Conference to be held at the Arizona Biltmore Hotel located in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona, February 16-18, 2011.
PBMI's annual conference has a long-standing reputation for providing relevant and actionable information for all members of the pharmacy supply chain. This year's conference will feature a keynote presentation by Adam Fein, Ph.D., President of Pembroke Consulting, and author of influential industry blog Drug Channels.
Following the keynote session, some of the industry's leading payer and provider experts will outline strategies to help plan sponsors implement innovative strategies for managing the pharmacy benefit in their own unique setting. Planned sessions include:
- How to optimally address the rapidly growing oncology therapeutic areas
- How health care reform will impact the pharmacy benefit in 2011 and beyond
- How pharmaceutical firms and payers should evaluate risk sharing contracting agreements
- How to evaluate bulk purchasing arrangements, including structuring them for maximal value
- How plan sponsors can take advantage of alternative purchasing strategies (such as the 340b program) to drastically lower overall pharmacy costs.
- Case studies of successful solutions to drug benefit challenges
- Break-out sessions for benefits generalists and managed care pharmacy professionals
- Educational Forum Cafe with reference materials on drug benefit topics
- Networking receptions, breaks and meals
- Evening dessert reception
PBMI offers continuing education credit for HR professionals (HR Certification Institute and WorldatWork) and pharmacists (Accredition Council for Pharmacy Education). Visit www.pbmi.com/conference.asp for details on conference sessions and CE.