- Click here to download a free report overview (including the Table of Contents and a List of Exhibits)
The 2020–21 Economic Report on Pharmaceutical Wholesalers and Specialty Distributors—our 11th edition—remains the most comprehensive resource for analyzing the pharmaceutical distribution industry’s economics, market structure, growth rates, forces of change, and interactions with the U.S. healthcare system.
This 2020-21 edition contains the most current financial and industry data along with detailed information about the strategies and market positions of the largest companies: AmerisourceBergen, Cardinal Health, and McKesson. It updates our annual analysis of each wholesaler’s business segments and underlying business profitability, based upon our proprietary economic models. Three new sections address COVID-19 and its impact on wholesalers, including the potential financial effects on wholesalers of widespread distribution of one or more COVID-19 vaccines.
If you would like to pay by corporate purchase order or check, please email Tamra Feldman. If you preordered the report, you should have already received an email with download instructions. Please contact us if you did not receive the email.
WHAT’S GOING ON
Twice a year, I spend my evenings and weekends writing two comprehensive, fact-based, and nonpartisan reports on drug channel economics. In some small way, I try to make the world a better and smarter place.
Licenses for our DCI reports are regularly purchased by nearly every company involved in the drug channel: pharmaceutical manufacturers, wholesalers, pharmacists, pharmacy owners, hospitals, buyers, benefit managers, managed care executives, policy analysts, investors, consultants, and more. So, you can find out what your customers, partners, and competitors are reading.
The 2020–21 Economic Report on Pharmaceutical Wholesalers and Specialty Distributors is the only resource of its kind available anywhere. It offers 136 proprietary charts, exhibits, and data tables.
FOUR FUN FACTS
- The 9 chapters are self-contained and do not need to be read in order. (Really!) There are loads of internal hyperlinks to help you navigate the document and customize it to your specific interests and priorities.
- We are offering the option to download an additional PowerPoint file with images of all 136 exhibits. This popular option helps you share the insights and data with others in your organization. (The PowerPoint file option is available only with the purchase of a corporate license.)
- There are an astonishing 482 (!) endnotes, most of which have hyperlinks to original source materials. These source materials offer a handy way to build your knowledge base beyond what’s included in the full report.
- As usual, I have reluctantly stripped out the corny jokes and pop culture references.