At the upcoming 2014 Medicaid Rebate Summit, many speakers in multiple sessions will address the program. They include Commander Krista M. Pedley, PharmD, MS, Director, HRSA, Office of Pharmacy Affairs, and Chris Hatwig, President, Apexus 340B Prime Vendor. (Full list below.) I'll be there as the keynote speaker, discussing "How Medicaid Will Shape Pharma’s Future."
Drug Channels readers can register with code DC15 and receive 15% off the standard registration rates. Thanks, Conference Forum!
OFFICIAL DESCRIPTION FROM THE CONFERENCE FORUM
340B Session at Medicaid Rebate Summit to address the Contract Pharmacy Arrangements in the 340B Program and more.
The 340B drug discount program is receiving unprecedented attention from Congress, regulators and the national media. With the first of its three planned reports confirming industry fears, the MRS Summit is presenting full coverage on the updates to the 340B program to ensure compliance and operational effectiveness. More specifically:
- Program integrity initiatives
- Covered entity repayments,
- Avoiding double dipping
- Explanation and implementation of GPO prohibition
- Medicaid Exclusion File Provision
- Covered Entities Audit Report
Other MRS Highlights include:
- Keynote Adam Fein, Drug Channels on how Medicaid will shape pharma’s financial future
- Federal regulations update impacting pharmaceutical pricing and contracting rules
- How to bridge commercial contracting strategy with government program rules
- Alice Valder-Curran, our 2013 Keynote, on How to Handle 340B Covered Entity Refunds & Addresses Preparations AMP Final Rule
340B Speakers Include:
- CDR Krista M. Pedley, PharmD, MS, Director, HRSA, Office of Pharmacy Affairs
- Mike Benedict, RPh, MS, VP of Operations, Apexus/340B Prime Vendor Program
- Chris Hatwig, President, Apexus 340B Prime Vendor
- George Kenny Senior Account Manager, 340B, Managed Care and Customer Operations, Genentech
- LaDonna Steiner, Associate General Counsel, Purdue Pharma, LP
- Jeff Handwerker, Partner, Arnold and Porter
- Kristen Hicks, Associate, Arnold and Porter
- LT. Lawrence Momodu, PharmD, USPHS, Program Management Officer, Office of Pharmacy Affairs (OPA), Healthcare Systems Bureau, Health Resources and Services Administration
- Amy VanDeCar, Senior Principal, Cumberland Consulting Group, LLC.