As I note in New AMP Rule Targets Bona Fide Service Fees, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is proposing important changes to its interpretation of bona fide service fees. We won’t get clarity until at least January 2014, so this conference is great opportunity to anticipate and prepare for the coming Final Rule. In my consulting work, I find fair market value and bona fide service fees to be crucial topics for building sound specialty channel strategies.
Check out the agenda for more details. Drug Channels readers can register by October 7 with discount code BKA994 and save $300 off registration. Thanks, CBI!
OFFICIAL DESCRIPTION FROM CBI
Fair Market Value of Bona Fide Service Fees, being held October 7-8, 2013 in Philadelphia, is the one and only event that focuses solely on the challenges faced by drug manufacturers when determining fair market value.
Approaches to determining fair market value (FMV) and bona fide service fees (BFSF) continue to be a challenge due to limited guidance, heavy government scrutiny and a continuously changing landscape. Manufacturers are faced with expectations to “get it right” and must know with as much certainty as possible what is considered a discount (and taken into calculation) and what is a BFSF (and excluded).
Top Reasons to Attend:
- Assess the impact of the AMP Rule assumptions
- Ensure compliance with government pricing policies and methodologies
- Effectively calculate and determine bona fide service fees versus discounts
- Best practices to ensure adequate due diligence when making a BFSF determination
- Develop strategies for implementing changes created by the proposed AMP rule
- Gain insight to general approaches and best practices to determine and operationalize FMV
You will benefit from attending this event if you are from a pharmaceutical/biotech manufacturer with responsibilities or involvement in the following areas:
- Government Pricing
- Government Accounts